Friday, March 20, 2009

Fun on Friday #24: Anomic loners

Picture the scene. You're giving a lecture and the words are flowing. It sounds something like this:

I think it's fair to say that we live age where we are surrounded by anomic loners musing over their fate. Alienation and ... what!? Why are you interrupting? I was in full flight...

You don't understand? ... You don't know what "anomic" means? ...

<*Sigh*>

Let me Google that for you.

With thanks to Stephen Fry (yes, the Stephen Fry) for drawing today's Fun on Friday site to my attention.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi David,
nice one and a delightful photo.

Even better?

Disappointed that hover-control-command-d found no entry for anomic in the mac's dictionary.

David said...

I assume I was saying "Talk to the hand..." :-)