Friday, May 15, 2009

Fun on Friday #29: Visible Tweets

I seem to be hooked on Twitter at the moment (although I'm not posting as much as I'd like). One of the people I follow shared a link to Visible Tweets:
Visible Tweets – Twitter Visualisations. Now with added prettiness!
It's an interesting concept. Very pretty and strangely hypnotic. Try it with a current search term. For example, as I write this, there's a fair amount of traffic about TeachMeet Midlands, so try a Visible Tweets search on #tmm09.

What do you think about Visible Tweets?

5 comments:

Christine McIntosh said...

Now this is addictive! Get thee behind me ...

Iain Hallahan said...

Yup, I think this is brilliant. Added a visual tweets link into the TMSLF09 page the other night. Ollie was saying they are thinking og using it to display tweets on big screens at the Festival itself.

David said...

Hello Chris

Glad you liked it.

Hello Iain

I think it was the conversation about using it at SLF that first drew it to my attention. I think it will work well at a conference like SLF.

Tom Barrett said...

Strangely enough we had a screen at TeachMeet Midlands projecting Visible Tweets! As soon as I saw it a few weeks ago I thought it would work at a conference.

It has a clear and interesting display to read in a big room, only downside is that it seems fairly random and so tweets appear without any sort of chronology.

Worked well for us last night though.

David said...

Hello Tom

I think Visible Tweets would be great for an exhibition where the random nature would attract attention. However, for a backchannel I think I'd still go for TwitterCamp.