Thursday, February 25, 2010

TeachMeet Student Edition - Glasgow

It's officially launched. #tmseg10 That is, TeachMeet Student Edition - Glasgow for 2010.

I've tried to get some interest in making up puns on my Music site but so far without success. However, people have already started adding their names to the wiki and the #tmseg10 hashtag is being used, so I think TeachMeet will be more successful than PunMeet!

I think Iain's TeachMeet research is really interesting, where he has invited people to sum up their thoughts on TeachMeet in 140 characters or less. You can do a Twitter Search on #tmtwt to see what people are saying. A few that have already leapt out at me are:
"Ordinary people talking about inspirational things in a welcoming, non-intimidating, positive, passionate atmosphere." -- From Sarah;

"Teachmeet helped me understand that you don't have to be an expert to have something to share. You don't even have to be a geek!" -- From Lisbo;
and
"Proof that we always have something new to learn and something new to teach… and that not all teachers are cynical!" -- From Neil.
Last year's TeachMeet Student edition went really well. I hope to see a whole new crowd this year talking, sharing... and not being cynical.

No comments: