Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Classroom blogs

Snowy Stirling
Snowy Stirling,
originally uploaded by DavidDMuir.
I was at an in-service event in Stirling where some teachers were learning about emerging Internet tools such as blogs, podcasts, wikis, photosharing and online bookmarks.

Various groups came up with good stuff, but I liked this blog, the Masterclass Virtual Classroom from the group that called themselves the Six Smarties. I don't know if they intend to maintain the blog, but there are a number of good ideas, covering a range of subject areas, on how blogs and podcasting could be used to support learning and teaching.


Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As one of the 'six smarties' I doubt that we'll do any more with this - it was just an opportunity to illustrate some possibilities. We'll probably all explore these ideas further in our own situations.
I particularly liked the idea of this kind of blog which used categories to look like a website so that different subject areas (or stages) within a school could have their own sections.

David said...

Hello Anonymous!

I don't think it matters that you wont update it. I think it works well as a snapshot of what is possible.

If you do implement some of these ideas in your own classroom, I'd be really interested to hear about it. Let us know how you get on.