Thursday, August 21, 2008

Teacher Magazine: Texas Government: I'm OK With Gun-Toting Teachers

Teacher Magazine: Texas Government: I'm OK With Gun-Toting Teachers

I saw this headline and thought it was new method of classroom management:
I know what you're thinking. "Is this my second detention or my third?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
What it actually seems to be about is arming teachers so that they can "...deter and protect against school shootings." Either way, I'm glad I teach in Scotland.


Technorati Tags: , ,

4 comments:

Ewan McIntosh said...

Used this in the keynote yesterday, with the reflection that there must be something fundamentally wrong in many supers' minds when they allow guns in class, but won't trust teachers to access the web unfiltered. I found it funny at first but actually find it increasingly threatening. We assume those "in charge" know the best way forward sometimes, and this shows how wrong we can be.

David said...

How did your audience react? In particular, how did the Americans in the audience react?

UNKNOWN said...

Thank you very much for writing such an interesting article on this topic. This has really made me think and I hope to read more. magazines for sale

UNKNOWN said...

I appreciate everything you have added to my knowledge base.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.Thanks. slotxo visa de canadá