Wednesday, May 06, 2009

How to organise a TeachMeet in four weeks!

Announcing TeachMeet Student Edition 09 - #tmse09

The proposed date of 9th June is an insanely tight deadline but I thought it was worth a try. What's the worst that can happen? :-)

Some time ago I floated the idea of having a TeachMeet that was pitched at student and probationer teachers (TraineeTeachMeet). It was generally felt to be a good idea. I started some initial work and a very competent and wonderful student from Glasgow University, who was at TeachMeet Borders, did some work checking out venues etc. However, deadline doom took over my life and I dropped the ball.

I am not at all sure that it is possible to organise a TeachMeet in four weeks but thought it was better to try and fail than not to try at all.

I've created the wiki page (PBWorks now I notice rather than PBWiki) and I'll do some more publicising and organisation this afternoon. However, that's it officially launched. It's an unconference, so lets see what we can do, together, in four weeks!

2 comments:

N Winton said...

David,
Is the TeachMeet just for students or are you interested in having old lags like myself joining in? (Can't guarantee to be there, but would be interested if possible)

Cheers,
Neil W

David said...

There was some debate when it was first mooted but I think we need a few old hands to be there and contribute. I'll be in contact with you soon.