Sunday, February 05, 2012

Fun On Friday #136: Emoji

I encouraging my students to blog but have fallen behind myself. Clearly I need to practice what I preach.

So, I know it's not Friday, but here's something fun I just discovered recently: Emoji - a character set of emoticons that originated in Japan and are beginning to settle down into an Internationally agreed standard.

How did I stumble across this? Well, I've known for some time that my iPad and iPhone can use different keyboard layouts but what I only just discovered is that one of those keyboard layouts is emoji.





This means I can type a range of emoticons directly into anything that can take text. Of course, I'm not sure how it will look outside the iPad. Apparently, it is built into most Japanese handsets, and as a result, many other handsets too including iPhones and Windows phones.

So have a look around in the settings of your devices and email programs to see if you can do emoji too.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

young learners are always keep trace with the fashionest things and they are easy to accept them if they are fun and simple.Emoji is vivid and I also use it a lot in chatting online

Unknown said...

Always say wonderful of knowledgement that you try to give to a readers, this is full of benefits.
"distance learning college
masters in business law mumbai
ma psychology distance learning
mba in real estate management distance education
ma hindi distance education"